These links may lead to other sites. Cohen & Cohen, P.C., does not necessarily sponsor, endorse, or otherwise approve the materials appearing in such sites.
- http://www.cob.uscourts.gov/ – United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Colorado. This is the heart of Bankruptcy in Colorado. You fill find local rules and forms in addition to a slew of other extremely useful information. Check back often, it is updated frequently.
- www.nacba.com – The National Association of Bankruptcy Attorneys. This website is an invaluable resource to bankruptcy attorneys and should not be overlooked by consumers and business interested in seeking relief under the bankruptcy code.
- www.abiworld.org – The American Bankruptcy Institute.
- www.facultyfederaladvocates.org – The Faculty of Federal Advocates. The FFA can help individuals defend bankruptcy adversary proceedings, pro bono!
- http://law.abi.org/ – Interactive Bankruptcy Code and Rules.
- http://www.studentloanborrowerassistance.org/ – Student loans are generally non-dischargeable in bankruptcy (but they might be if you have a hardship), click this link for Student Loan Borrower Assistance.
- http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p594.pdf/ – The IRS Collection Process. Taxes and bankruptcy is a complicated issue, some taxes are dischargeable and some are not. But if you are curious as to the IRS’ collection process click here for their publication.
- www.naca.net – The National Association of Consumer Attorneys. Again, a critical tool for consumer rights attorneys used to protect consumers rights. An excellent site to begin with for consumers seeking advice and information regarding their rights. (see link to Consumer law section of website)
- http://www.ago.state.co.us/ – Colorado Attorney General. Research and report abusive credit companies.
- www.budhibbs.com – A usefull website for consumer issues.
- http://www.telespoof.com/– Learn more about telespoofing and how collectors will change the caller ID when calling you. This may result in legal liability.
- http://www.divorce360.com – An online community assiting people in in divorce.
- http://www.courts.state.co.us/chs/court/forms/domestic/domestic.html – By far the best resource for do it yourselfers (and forms for attorneys) to learn more about the family process and find the right legal documents.
General Litigation/General Law
- http://www.courts.state.co.us/chs/court/forms/selfhelpcenter.htm – A great resource for legal forms and various legal instructions.
- http://www.dora.state.co.us/real-estate/contracts/contracts.htm – Colorado’s Real Estate Commission approved forms. This site contains a large amount of the basic forms you may need regarding Real Property.
- http://www.sos.state.co.us/ – The Colorado Secretary of State’s web-site is an invaluable tool for company information, UCC filings (e.g., secured liens) and corporate formations.
- www.annualcreditreport.com – Get your free credit report here. By law, each major bureau is required to provide you with one free credit report (not your score) per year. In this day in age, it is imperative that you monitor your credit on a regular basis as identity theft and errors are very common (see link to Consumer Litigation)
- http://126.96.36.199/colorado/lpext.dll?f=templates&fn=fs-search.htm&GLOBAL=G_&G_LASTDOMAIN=Infobase(5617(5619(58ba(58d4(3))))))%20 – Your resource to review Colorado Statute’s. Maintained by LexisNexis.
- http://www.colorado.gov/ – The state of Colorado’s official web-site. Many helpful links and paths to its government agencies.
- https://www.cbirecordscheck.com/Index.asp – Colorado Bureau of Investigation. This site allows you do to criminal background checks. Very useful for employment situations.
- http://www.cobar.org/ – The Colorado Bar Association Website. This site contains many useful links for people wishing to expand their legal knowledge.
- http://www.leg.state.co.us/ – The Legislature of the State of Colorado’s web-site. Monitor pending legislation and review how it is going to effect you and your business.
- http://www.cobar.org/group/index.cfm?category=53&EntityID=dpwfp – A resource guide for Free or Reduce Fee Legal Assistance